Thank you for visiting the Sarasota Shell Club website!
With a variety of topics to choose from, we hope you'll enjoy learning more about our club and what Southwest Florida has to offer in terms of how shells are an important part of our everyday lives and to the environment. Look around our website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
2020 Shell Show: Feb. 7-9, 2020.
Mark your calendar! The Sarasota Shell Club's 2020 Shell Show is scheduled for Feb. 7-9 in the Potter Building at the Sarasota Fair Grounds, 2896 Ringling Blvd, Sarasota, FL.
Shell Show highlights include:
- Scientific and Artistic shell exhibits.
- Dealers selling exotic and rare shell from all over the world.
- Shell crafting demonstrations.
- Activities for children.
- Fabulous raffle and door prizes.
Check out the new Science section of our website! You can access this new feature by clicking on the icon at the top of the home page and choose any of the four categories. If you have "shelled" a beach somewhere, you may submit a short report of what you found (and include pics, we love pics!) and email to us at [email protected]
2020 Shell Show Info
The Sarasota Shell Club's 57th Annual Shell Show will be held from Friday, Feb. 7 through Sunday, Feb. 9, 2020!
Location is the Potter Building at the Sarasota Fairgrounds, 2896 Ringling Blvd, Sarasota, FL 34237, right next door to Robarts Arena!
Hours are Friday and Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Our Scientific and Artistic exhibit entry forms and dealer applications are now posted on our website under the "Annual Shell Show" tab at the top of this page.
January Beauii Issue
The January 2020 issue of The Beauii is now available. Check out all the latest goings-on at the Sarasota Shell Club.
- 2020 Sarasota Shell Club Shell Show: Feb. 7-9, 2020. Potter Building, Sarasota Fair Grounds. See info under "Annual Shell Show" tab at top of page.
- Thursday, February 11. Membership Meeting, 7 p.m. Waldemere Fire Station #2, 2070 Waldemere St, Sarasota (across the street from Sarasota Memorial Hospital). We will discuss the results of the shell show and how things went.
- Lots of shell trips can be found in the January issue of The Beauii. You must be a club member to go on the trips.